Search This Blog

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Self Sustainable Living - Seed Germination Experimenting


Macadamia (macadamia integrifolia)

Cashew (anacardium occidentale)

Canary Island Date Palm (phoenix canariensis)

Okay, I will be the first to admit that this may be a huge waste of time.  First of all I have no idea how long I have had these seeds in storage. With good intentions I purchased these seeds, the cashew & macadamia from Whatcom Seed Co. (http://seedrack.com) and the date palm (PalmTreeSeeds.com) and thought I would immediately plant them. This seems like eons ago as it was before we moved and I cannot remember the year of purchase and like an idiot the date was not documented on the packages before I put them into storage. After some internet research I decided to put all the seeds into water and soak them for 48 hours. 
Macadamia

Date Palm

Cashew


This experiment started on 05/14/2015
as of 06/27/2015 done of the seeds have signs of growth. 



No comments:

Post a Comment