Search This Blog

Thursday, September 10, 2015

Review: Mountain House Biscuits and Gravy


Light weight - the big plus on freeze dried food. Great for backpacking, hiking, camping, and bugging out............but in the Sonoran Desert, with the lack of water around every turn, you have to carry or store enough water to hydrate the food. Carrying a pre-made meal pack such as an MRE may be just as good in this situation. Plus, you don't have to boil water and wait for it to hydrate. Anyhoo, I like to have a variety to choose from and with my picky eater (yes Dan!) I try to do taste tests around the house prior to finding out he doesn't like it in the field. 

As always any "meal" packet is chock full of salt and carbs. Meant for someone on the move and using lots of energy, sweating it out and having a full body strain. Not for couch potatoes.

The ingredients.....

Great shelf life.

BLAH to look at - but it passed the "King" test, Dan liked it. 
The biscuits stayed slightly crunchy and the flavor was passable. 
As for me, well I eat (almost) anything.........so it's easier for me to give it a thumbs up.


No comments:

Post a Comment