Search This Blog

Thursday, December 22, 2016

12/22/2016

5:00am.........snug as a bug in a rug. Turned in the darkness to my phone, a notification of sales from my new square shopping cart got me to grab my flashlight to head out to start the generator. What did I sell? Lights on and Dan starts reporting on his deer antler study. The man should have been a biologist. Dang, I need my coffee!  I get a quick lesson on deer antler growth and dates antlers where found (yes, he tags them) and how many antlers and which go to bucks he is following. I think he dreams about them and wakes up with "eureka!" moments. 

I head to my computer and find some archaeological publications and pottery shards have sold. So since I need to do a gas run for the generator, I will also be shipping. Remind me, I need dog food and potatoes too. Used the last tater for breakfast: just had bacon, eggs, and we split one fried potatoe with chives. Been posting more archaeological books onto our website throughout the morning.....it is now 7:45am.  Did I tell you its raining? yep! woohoo more rain! The metal roof sounds like music with the pitter patter and off and on down pour. We need it so badly, praying for a ground soaking day. I did check the water holding tank and it is getting low........need a sunny day to pump. I cringe because I should have checked the weather and topped it off before the storm system came in. Live and learn.



It took me awhile but I am finally happy with my new honey labels. I had to bottle up some pints to deliver to a friend. Got 9 done out of the case she wants. Need to go buy more jars. Ran out because I also canned up some homemade apple sauce.  Dans hungry and I am tired of being in the kitchen so its tuna sandwiches and chips to the rescue.


Thats my dad and I on the label...........I can't express in words how happy I am when I am in the bees. It brings back so many childhood memories. I am at peace when I am working them. It is my quite time while I listen to the low hum of the hive and the occassional bzz bzzzzzz bzzzzzz sting! ouch! 



Gas & mail run. Wow! the rainbows today have been spectacular. Found out that we have lost some of the restaurants in our area. Todd's Restaurant, whose Not So Benedict Eggs and Nopales Omelets were absolutely to die for, is closed for good from what I hear. Also Cindy Lous II has moved to Elfrida. Their rent went up and with the minimum wage increase in Arizona starting in January, they just couldn't afford to stay where they were. A friend of mine who owns a small business in the area was talking about the pay for her employees being a 24% increase in her labor budget........she doesn't know if she can keep her doors open. Sad state our country is in, it seems like everyone and their brother knows what is best, yet no one has a clue. At least the rainbows lift my spirits.



Oh, did some research on adsense. I apologize in advance. ha-ha! I am going to sign off for tonight. Go check my rain guage and make dinner. Not sure, but thinking it will be a simple steak & cheese salad using the leftover fried venison from last night. I didn't get everything done today, plus I forgot the dog food and potatoes, duh! I did post more archaeology books on our website, but did not post more antlers on craigslist like I wanted. I also NEED to process a bunch of pork fat and get to canning some vension and mountain lion that I have out thawed. I also NEED to do Dan's guide report and renewal............ so much to do, tomorrow is another day.











No comments:

Post a Comment