Search This Blog

Friday, December 23, 2016

1byone Amplified Indoor HDTV Antenna

We don't get any local channels. Dan watches his television either through our Amazon Prime account or Youtube videos. Other than that its DVD's to the rescue. We have been wanting local channels to at least get the news. So I read about an indoor antenna  that is supposed to pick up channels within 50 miles. 

It received excellent reviews on Amazon.........so I decided to try it.


Sitting next to the TV it picked up nothing.


Pulled as far as the cable would let me and holding it so it pointed out a window - it picked up three channels.........they were either fuzzy or extremely weak. So I think it is our metal building? I did go on Amazon and start to type a question under the product to see if anyone had any better ideas on making this work. Another person had the exact same problem with only three channels and spent the day on the phone with 1byone customer support only to return it in the end. Well, I am not waisting my day so......... this is going back too. 

I think we will have to drill a hole in the wall, run a cable up and out the middle of the loft floor to the outside of the building and put up a regular antenna. No quick fix. Another project, but we have other priorities so TV gets put on the back burner.

No comments:

Post a Comment