Search This Blog

Friday, December 23, 2016

Zeiss Optics

I can't say enough great things about Zeiss products and their customer service. We have two pairs of 10x40 Zeiss Binoculars. One is over 20  years old. It got to the point where we could barely use them, then it came down to just leaving them at home because I couldn't stand using them. Couldn't get them to focus at all so looking through them gave me a headache.  I google searched "Zeiss Repairs" and almost at the top of the search was the Zeiss repair page..........https://www.zeiss.com/sports-optics/en_us/hunting/service---support/customer-service.html   - so very simple........fill out a form and submit it. Within the hour an email with your information confirms your inquiry and you print the email and mail it with your binos. I was so afraid I would get this call "what are you thinking lady? buy a new pair!" but I decided to spend the shipping to send them in (they didn't even require a serial number on the form).

Nothing for three weeks. Hadn't heard from them.........but then I just picked up my mail and I have no clue how long the box was sitting there, but there was my binos  -  returned to me. They hadn't called for a credit card number for repair or return shipping. Oh jeeze, I started thinking, they didn't even want to tell my over the phone that my optics were too old and worn out to repair. I opened the box, expecting the "Dear Mrs. King, we regret to inform you......" but instead I found, carefully packaged, my binoculars - all polished up. Of course a few small scratches in the lenses were still there but they actually worked on them and cleaned them and shipped them back at NO CHARGE!

 A letter included stated the work completed:

REPLACED WORN DRIVER
CLEANED OPTICS
LUBRICATED SEALS
RESET FOCUS AND SEALS

My binos work fantastic! I can't wait to go out shed hunting with them. Although.........now Dan wants his sent in as they won't focus within 150 yards and so I have a feeling he will be stealing (borrowing) mine until his return.

We highly recommend Zeiss. Spend the extra money - they are worth every penny.


No comments:

Post a Comment