Search This Blog

Sunday, December 25, 2016

12/24/2016

Was supposed to go to the Arivaca Farmers Market today. I checked the weather to see if it would be do-able before the storm system comes in. When I went outside to start the generator at 5am it was clear but the wind was already gusting. Accuweather confirmed my suspicions and I decided to sit this market out, same thing happened last week. 

So back upstairs to that pile of books.......more posting on the website. Getting bored with it but keep plugging away. I am actually pretty happy with my idea on organizing........used some old filing system "Out" separators to at least alphabetize for easy finding when a book sells. I worry that my clientele will become bored with just books everyday - our reports say we have over 200 unique visitors a week. Not much..........trying to build that so we are cross marketing with Pinterest and building our old customers back up in an email marketing software. I am not even half way finished with posting all the archaeological publications. :(






I set that "Living without Electricity" book aside last night, though I want to read it, I found another that has my interests. This book has me taking detailed notes and is a secret - it is for a class I will be offering as soon as this place is organized. This morning, I told Dan of some of the things I learned and he found it very interesting so I think it will be a great thing! As soon as I am finished putting it all together I will let ya'll know the details. Ah, the suspense!

Had to make a run to the little store to pick up some last minute groceries for our dessert we took to a friends house for our ritual Christmas Tamale Dinner. I called the guy about the lattice and he drove out to meet me at the store......got rid of a few sheets! woo-hoo! So back to that dessert - since we have Tamales, I decided to stay with the theme and did a Pinterest search for "Mexican Deserts". Up popped a slew of them but one stuck out - it had the word "Easy" in the title. I didn't have much time to dedicate to something extravagant so this was my pick "Easy Sopapilla Cheesecake".




  Dinner was a blast. Tamales were delish! Three flavors - Green Corn, Beef, and Elk. The elk one even had a potato wedge in it - new to me. Our hostess is the best I have seen, she always puts on a remarkable spread. Sides included Anasazi Beans with Ham Hocks, Refried Beans, Yellow Rice, Green Chilies, Black Olives, Lettuce, Salsa, and I am probably leaving something out. Great conversation and wonderful company. 

No comments:

Post a Comment